Fellows will be university seniors and young professionals who, through the Ganas Network Fellowship will:
- Learn about the political context, public policies, and community actions that influence the existence of public charter schools.
- Network with local business, political, and community leaders.
- Participate webinars offering tips for navigating the job seeking process and developing business and networking skills.
- Work with an experienced career/professional mentors who will help them advance their careers.
- Communicate the benefits of public charter schools by personally sharing and documenting their success stories.
- Become charter school advocates (e.g., secure positions on public charter boards, publish strategically placed op-eds on the importance of charter schools, testify at public policy hearings at the district, city, state, and/or federal levels, etc.).
- Explore the possibility of running for public office.
- Learn how to become an entrepreneur.
Follows will be compensated $1,000 for two two-day fellowship. Full-day fellowship webinars will be scheduled for July and August, 2021. Due to COVID-19, the Fellowship will be conducted virtually.